In this post, I’ll introduce how to import a CSV (and also Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx)) File to SAP HANA from your Eclipse based development tool HANA Studio / HANA Tools.
1. Select “File” > “Import” from menu
2. Select “SAP HANA Content” > “Data From Local File”
3. Select target System (Database)
4. Specify File location, file layout and table name.
(In this case, First row has each column name)
5. Check table definition and data mapping
6. Check upload progress and table content
(* You can open table content by right-click and select “Open Data Preview”)
These steps are very easy and you can do export dataset from SAP HANA by HANA Studio / HANA Tools as well.